Now hiring: Marquette Account Executive (full time)
Do you take control of a situation when no one else will? Are you brimming with ideas and the energy to bring them into the world? If you are a communication professional who is creative, driven, outgoing, independent, and ready to learn, then we’re looking for you.
Siren is a strategic communication firm that strengthens companies and communities through clear, powerful communication. We serve economic development organizations, local governments, nonprofits and professional service firms on both of Michigan’s peninsulas. Our team is growth minded, fast-paced, and deeply connected.
When you join us you will experience:
- Coaching and leadership development
- Excellent benefits and flexible hybrid work schedule
- Additional time off around the holidays
- A team who values your opinion and makes sure your voice is heard
Account executive candidates should have 3+ years of experience, strong skills in the media relations and social media responsibilities below, and the ability to quickly learn in the other categories.
Job responsibilities include:
You will manage a variety of social media accounts across industries.
- Contribute to client social media strategy and develop monthly editorial calendars
- Display a strong brand voice and visual aesthetic for each unique client
- Create visual and written content across several clients and industries
- Drive audience growth for clients and Siren social media accounts
- Utilize software systems to schedule, post, and boost social media content
- Manage digital advertising campaigns for clients
- Write blog posts for both search engine optimization and storytelling effectiveness
At Siren all client service begins with strategy. Your role will support this critical function, under the guidance of a Siren leader.
- Assist with strategic communication projects
- Contribute to the development of brand messaging and communication plans
- Contribute to the success of earned, shared, owned, and paid communication campaigns
In your role you will support Siren media campaigns under the direction of an account lead.
- Research, write, and distribute press materials
- Establish relationships with key media contacts in Detroit, Marquette, and beyond
- Pitch media contacts via phone, in addition to digital touchpoints
- Utilize software for media list development and media monitoring
CLIENT SERVICE & IMPACT REPORTING
- Communicate clearly and professionally with Siren clients
- Contribute to, and/or lead, meetings with Siren clients
- Ensure that client projects are delivered successfully, on-time
- Meet or exceed client KPIs
- Develop same day, monthly, and yearly reports to convey Siren’s impact
SIREN TEAM & CULTURE
- Learn and operate in Siren’s culture of coaching and supportive accountability
- Communicate your needs clearly and listen with an open heart
- Have a lasting impact, leaving everything better than when you found it
- Prioritize relationship development with your team, clients, media, and community
- Embrace change and display an independent drive to constantly improve
- Gain the ability to articulate Siren’s value propositions
- Generate fresh ideas and bring those ideas to your team and clients
- Meet or exceed your individual KPIs set between you and the Siren leadership team
- 3+ years of professional experience in public relations and communication
- Experience managing and growing the influence of business social media accounts
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, via email, and 1:1 in-person
- A drive to stay current on trends in social media content and growth
- The ability to drive results forward independently and as a team member
- Ability to adopt new software quickly
- Full-time, W-2 position
- Two days per week in Siren’s office; three days per week work from home
- Based in Marquette, Michigan
- Benefits include health, vision, disability, life insurance, and retirement plan
- Paid time off + holidays + one additional week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
To apply please click below and submit your resume and work samples via the form.
We look forward to hearing from you!