Now hiring: Communication Strategist
Now hiring! (February 2022)
Do you have a talent for seeing how effective communication can help a situation? Are you excited at the chance to influence positive change? We’re looking for a professional communicator who is motivated to make a lasting impact through strategic communication.
Siren is a boutique strategic communication firm that strengthens organizations and communities through clear, powerful communication. We serve economic development organizations, nonprofits, and visionary companies.
Our team is growth minded, fast-paced, and deeply connected.
When you join us you will experience:
- The chance to share your opinions and ideas with leaders across our state
- Leadership development and coaching
- Excellent benefits and flexible hybrid work schedule
- Innovation Week team retreat once per year
- Additional time off around the holidays
Communication Strategist candidates should have 5+ years of experience in public relations and communication and be able to advise executives on communication strategy.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead clients through Siren’s unique strategic communication process
- Create and implement client strategic communication plans
- Write key messages for a variety of brands and initiatives
- Advise clients on sound communication strategy across integrated channels
- Adopt Siren’s culture of coaching and supportive accountability
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with Siren’s team and clients
- Meet or exceed KPIs for clients and yourself
- Pitch ideas and present Siren’s impact to clients
- Develop and execute media campaigns
- Pitch media resulting in successful interviews and placements
- Develop and maintain strategic media relationships
- Review social media content and ensure its readiness for clients
- Write and distribute blogs and e-newsletters
- Manage digital marketing campaigns
- Contribute to crisis communication support for clients including research and message development
- Full-time, W-2 position
- Hybrid work schedule both in-person and from home
- Based in either Royal Oak, Michigan or Marquette, Michigan
To apply please click below and submit your resume and work samples via the form.
We look forward to hearing from you!