Chief Executive Officer
Lindsey (Walenga) Grosso
As a gifted communication strategist, business strategist, and successful entrepreneur Lindsey is the force behind strategic growth for Siren and its clients. Under Lindsey’s leadership Siren has experienced year-over-year revenue growth for eleven consecutive years and grown into a statewide communication firm trusted to strengthen Michigan’s communities across both peninsulas. She is an expert communicator and business strategist who leads with confidence.
From day one in Lindsey’s career she recognized the critical nature of communication to success in business and public policy. In her first role as a public relations practitioner in Detroit she helped the Brain Injury Association of America fundamentally change the way traumatic brain injury was discussed on a national scale and dissolve the stigma around TBIs in sports.
Upon founding Siren with her partner Adela Piper, Lindsey took on positively influencing Michigan’s economic development by ensuring critical information and important stories were being published. Throughout the last eleven years of growing Siren, Lindsey has been trusted to lead high stakes communication campaigns, bring clients’ opposing parties to consensus, and improve the morale of client teams through engaging strategy sessions.
At every opportunity Lindsey aims to ensure that the voice of the people is both heard and acted on by those who wield power across our state.
Under Lindsey’s leadership Siren has made a name for itself as the strategic communication firm for economic development across the state of Michigan, generating nearly $1M in revenue in 2022. She is a CEO who holds close relationships with her team and clients, and pushes hard for the progress she knows is possible from everyone she works with.
She is most proud of Siren’s impact through:
- Helping the Royal Oak Downtown Development Authority establish the Rebound Royal Oak Small Business Assistance Grant in 2020, delivering $1.3M in relief to businesses affected by COVID shut downs
- Serving as the firm of record for Detroit Startup Week four years in a row, attracting 10k+ attendees each year and earning status as the most diverse Startup Week in the nation
- Growing Women Rock Science, a STEAM education fundraiser, as the firm of record for Cranbrook Institute of Science
- Establishing the Make it Marquette campaign aimed at attracting remote workers to the Upper Peninsula
- Leading Kirtland Community College through a major campus transition
- Every single client who has trusted Siren to tell the story of their mission
As a driven entrepreneur and exceptional communicator, building Siren and making it stronger is both Lindsey’s career focus and her hobby. She is committed to ensuring Siren plays a major role in Michigan’s economic development as the stakes grow higher into the future.
Communicating bravely in order to drive meaningful change is Lindsey’s purpose in life.
She is a mother of two brilliant, creative, and outspoken kids, a valued member of the Grosse Pointe Park community, and a free spirit who finds joy on her yoga mat and out on the water.
- Establishment of Siren Innovation Week
- B.A., Organizational Communication, Western Michigan University
- Board member, Northern Michigan Equine Therapy
- Marketing lead, Techstars Startup Week Detroit